donderdag 2 februari 2012

Featured: Laura from 8th Sin Creations and The Heian Princess

Announcement!
We have another contributor for All About Deco! Please meet Laura from The Heian Princess blog.
She will help us in the future with writing articles and tutorials! One of her first articles will discuss the different types of clay and their best uses! Please look forward to these posts ^^
Now as sort of getting to know her, here is she as our third Featured person!




1.     Who are you and what do you do (decowise)?
Hi there! I’m Laura and I’m the owner of 8th Sin Creations, an online store dedicated to handmade jewellery, accessories and clothing. Accessories include deco items, of course and I offer pre-made and custom orders. ^^



2.     When and how did you discovere deco and started decoing yourself?
I first discovered deco not too long ago, actually, about a year and a half ago. I am obsessed with Japanese street fashion and culture and stumbled upon decoden images on Google Images. After the initial head explosion after seeing all the cuteness, I joined Deco_Den, a community on LiveJournal, read up on materials and started up! I first started the learning curve of decoden by deco-ing my own personal items rather than selling them; I made a compact mirror, earphones, phone case and then moved on from there!





3.     Where do you get your inspiration?
I stumble on Firefox a lot and also check out Google Images and decoden communities and groups. I have a huge folder on my laptop of Decoden Inspiration and whenever I’m feeling a little uninspired, go through and and am up for the task again! I have to say most of my inspiration and images come from blogs, Japanese websites, magazine scans and online communities and forums for the topics – some of the professional images I see, like ones from Rainbow Cream and Candy Colour Ticket, makes my head spin at how amazing and realistic they are.





4.     What are the favourite things you do?
Deco or otherwise? My hobbies include reading, writing, music, anime & manga, fashion, Japanese culture and video games. Deco things I like to do are custom orders for clients as I love tailoring items to their individual tastes and specifications. I also love doing my own deco items as I love thinking of what I want and showing them off!




5.     And lastly, do you have any tips/tricks that you want to share with our readers?
I think I would have to say stay inspired by looking at other peoples’ creations and practice, practice, practice! My biggest tip would be to first make things for yourself; then you’re not stressing out as much about whether it will turn out good or not.



You can follow Laura on her The Heian Princess blog and her shop 8th Sin's Creations 


Do you also do deco and you want to be featured on All About deco? Drop me an email with some photos :)
Or maybe you're also interested in helping All About Deco become best resource for Deco on the internet? Sent me an email with your application! ^^